Wednesday, March 28, 2012

If only

My god. I just applied for 6 internships in the course of 2 hours. This may be a foreign concept to most people, but I actually take the time to craft out every cover letter separately.

Once you get into the mindset of writing cover letters, they just come so naturally to you, but this is the first time it's ever happened to me. Or maybe it's just a writing thing. The other day I was writing script coverage, and I practically could've finished writing the whole breakdown of the script in a day if it wasn't for the random breaks I took (and the water spill I had to furtively clean up, oops), but I was just on a roll. I seriously just have like one more conclusion sentence to write. I'm not sure if you're even supposed to spend more than a day writing script coverage, but I like to think through my words in order to perfectly capture the essence of the script and make sure all of my character descriptions reflect the flavor of each person precisely.

Writing is such a comfortable activity once you can get into the groove of it.

I should probably go to bed now, since it's way past my bedtime. Yes, I didn't go to bed because I was too caught up in cover-letter-writing mode. If only HR used as much effort to look through my applications.

No comments:

Post a Comment