Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Good times

Wow, I've been in an incredibly great mood today.

Today I had two big research papers due, one for ISP and one for TV Management. Essays are rough for me, so having to juggle two was quite the task. The weeks leading up to the week before these were due, I was kind of freaking out about how to tackle the two papers, but when the time finally came down to get these done, I wasn't feeling the pressure at all, in spite of the fact that I only did the ISP paper on Monday and the TV Mgmt paper on Tuesday, with both due Wednesday.

Normally, I would be freaking out because in order for me to write a paper I'm satisfied with, I need about a week to work on each. I decided to just aim for a 'B' though because I knew there was no way that I could possibly write 'A' papers when I have to undergo two of them at the same time. I think I need to lower my expectations more often because I've never been more satisfied with any paper I've ever written, although I found out today that the TV Mgmt paper was supposed to be a minimum of 10 pages, whereas I stopped at 7...

No midterms this week (except for a semi-leisurely TV Nation exam) also helped my nerves to not get too strung. :) But they're falling on the same day after Spring Break, so we'll wait til then to start worrying :X

I'm not one of those people who have to work til the absolute last minute on papers in order to account for every bit of "genius" I might be able to include, so I let my papers go yesterday so that there was no need to worry about them today ~

Besides that, I still managed to do the reading for ISP, catch up on Deadline, and finish reading for TV Mgmt during my breaks, instead of napping! Weirdly, even though I haven't been getting my full 8 hours of sleep every night, I haven't felt the need to nap, although I kind of cheated on Tuesday and downed a Mountain Dew because I'm not quite able to nap during work.

The period also started today. Better soon than later because I'm boarding a plane to Singapore on Friday and would rather have to deal with less of that mess on a plane.

Patrick gave me a late birthday gift today, which is this bracelet made of mini tiles of books. :) You can see To Kill a Mockingbird there, even though it's not really my favorite book, but it's a super cute bracelet and I really appreciate it.


I was gonna audition for a staged reading today, but I realized that I wouldn't be able to make the rehearsals, so I just decided not to go even though I practiced my monologue quite a bit last night.


I don't know, I can't explain why I feel so great, but it's just been a really good day. I do have homework, and Spring Break won't really be a break for me, but I feel free. I have an interview with Oxygen tomorrow too! 


Well, I'm going to go take a shower now (:

No comments:

Post a Comment