Sunday, November 4, 2012

Back in Light


I'm so overwhelmed by everything that has happened as a result of Sandy this week that I can't even write about it. My apartment finally got power back today, and I haven't been more grateful to be back. Seeing NYC, the always-lit city that never sleeps, in complete darkness and sleeping was so eerie. The city is slowly getting back up on its feet now, and in a few days, everything should be back to normal.

I never imagined that this city could ever be shut down, but I guess anything really is possible. I think I'm just more surprised at how everyone managed to pull through and get through this madness together. After this experience, I think I can say to the bottom of my heart that New York is truly amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're okay! Carolyn and I were talking about how we didn't originally think Sandy was going to be a big deal, until it actually hit the city and everything...So what have you been doing while not being home? I remember back when Hurricane Rita hit and I didn't power for more than a week...it was terrible.

    ReplyDelete