Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

Things I Am Thankful For:

  1. The experiences I have been lucky to have this year - I got to visit Europe for the first time in my life and got to travel to so many different countries with a great group of people. I've never lived in such a peaceful city as Prague, so it was a very nice experience, but Paris was my favorite. It really brought out the latent artistic, refined side of myself. Now I am living in Seoul, which is a complete 180 degree turn of a cultural and living experience from living in Europe. I've been traveling this whole year and have so many stories to tell from this one year alone.
  2. Great friends - I realize that the only person who will always be by my side in life is myself, and that people will come and go, so I am grateful for anyone who has continued to stay by my side to this day, even if they will leave me in the future. Carolyn, Kathryn, Linda, Iris, Lauren, Callie, Jordon, Caleb, Fang, Han, Patrick, Connie, Cameron, and anyone else- you guys are all a part of my friendship pie at the moment, and I am thankful for that.
  3. Wonderful family - I'm surrounded by many people with severed families and am grateful that I have a huge loving family, in spite of the occasional riffs that are characteristic of any family. I love my caring parents for supporting me in the experiences I've wanted to have- paying for my NYU tuition, allowing me to study abroad for this whole year, etc. I love my 4 younger siblings- Christina, Cindy, Annie, and Anthony. Even though I don't show them how much my life would be incomplete without them, I really am grateful to have so many littles who look up to me, and I couldn't imagine not growing up in a household filled with loud laughter, screaming, and scuttling feet 24/7.
I feel like I'm thankful for the same things every year, but it shouldn't be a bad thing because it's great that everything I'm thankful for is with me every year.

Happy Thanksgiving 2011, from Seoul, South Korea.

1 comment:

  1. I like the title of your new blog! Glad I can comment again! :)

    ReplyDelete